We need your help to serve this vital group within our community.
Minister to Homebound parishioner job description.
- The primary ministry is to bring the Eucharist to our homebound parishioners. Each minister agrees to take on the responsibility for one or more of our homebound parishioners. He or she sets up a schedule with the Team leader as to when they will do their ministry. These schedules can be weekly, bi-weekly or at least monthly.
- Part of this ministry is to spend a little bit of time with those they visit connecting them with the St. Andrew Community.
- When necessary, the minister will keep an eye open for other needs the homebound parishioner might need and help to make them known to the parish, perhaps making connections to the CathedralCare parish nursing or to the pastoral staff.
- Each time a minister makes a visit they are to fill out the online log recording their visit.
- Each minister is to be given proper training and goes on a visit or two with another minister prior to caring for their own homebound parishioner. Click here if you are interested in this ministry.
Homebound Ministry Team Leader
From time to time it is necessary for a team leader to step down and so we need replacements. The duties of the Team Leader are:
- To coordinate ministers assigning homebound parishioners to their care
- Keeping tract of who has been visited and when
- Making sure that care does not stop just because someone is on vacation.
- Creating a faith community among the ministers.
- Connecting new ministers with training and resources.
- Working with the pastoral staff to meet the spiritual needs of our homebound parishioners.